The Rim Country Quilt Roundup is a local Rim Country Non-Profit Organization that supports education in the community. We wish to provide a vehicle to support local students who aspire to expand their educational horizon.
We are giving an inspired student with a 3.0 GPA or greater the opportunity to win a $500 scholarship that will be used to further their education. The award will be given to the winner’s educational institution of choice to assist with tuition, books, etc.
If you think you would make a good candidate, please complete this application and tell us about yourself and your aspirations. Good luck! A winner will be notified in April.
Completed applications and any supporting materials must be received by March 15, 2018 at the address listed in Step 3.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible
Eligible applicants are young adults who:
• are graduating seniors between the ages of 16 and 19
• have a grade point average of 3.0 or greater
Step 2: Complete the application
To fill out the form:
• Select the “Sign” tool.
• Select “Fill and “Sign”.
• Click on “Add Text”. Place your cursor on each line that requires information. Begin entering your personal information. (Note: You will not be able to change the type size. Please limit your answers to the space allotted.)
• To fill out the “Essay” portion of the form, place your cursor on the first blank line. The text will wrap as you reach the end of each line. Continue typing your entire essay (not to exceed 750 words).
• Once all parts of the form are personalized, select “Save As” from the “File” menu and change the file name (for example, “RCQRemailappEX.pdf,” where “EX” is replaced with your initials). Click “Save.”
Step 3: Submit a transcript of grades.
Step 4: Email or mail your application.
Send your application with any supporting materials to:
Contact Person: Lanna Sullivan
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: P. O. Box 2322
City/State/Zip: Payson, AZ. 85547
All inquiries regarding this application should be made to the organization’s contact person listed above.
Download the application and submit it to the contact address above.
The 2017 recipients of the two $500 Rim Country Quilt Roundup Scholarships are Kaycee Rose Simpson & Jake C. Beeler.
Kaycee was named valedictorian of the 2017 Graduating Class of Payson Center for Success. Kaycee has an interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) subjects. She has been accepted into the Barrett Honors College at ASU.
Jake Beeler (not pictured) is the second recipient of our scholarship program. He graduated from Payson High School. He is passionate about two main things, baseball and the outdoors. He has maintained a 3.42 GPA throughout high school while participating in Baseball, receiving the CY Young award, FFA and 4H, as well as working during the summer on the Muleshoe X Ranch. His college goal is to get a degree in Environmental Sciences with an emphasis in Fish and Wildlife Management. His goal is to one day have the great outdoors for his office. He hopes to someday be able to make Payson his home, as he feels that growing up here was such an advantage, he could just walk outside and have the woods in his backyard.